Desert AIDS Project was founded as an all-volunteer response to the HIV and AIDS epidemic in 1984 so we fully treasure the drive, dedication, and heart that our volunteers bring on a daily basis. Whether it’s a helping hand at the Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards, a devoted phlebotomist drawing blood, or a friendly voice on the other end of the phone, our volunteers are the backbone of many of our programs, services, events, and especially, our Revivals Stores.
At the end of every year, we hold a Volunteer Appreciation Dinner, where our volunteers are the stars – no matter the hours they’ve served – while D.A.P. staff and employees take on volunteer duties. Its one small way for us to show our volunteers how much we truly appreciate them.
Volunteer positions include:
Desert AIDS Project
- Special Events Assistant help plan and support D.A.P. staff during events like Desert AIDS Walk, Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards, and Dining Out for Life.
- Client Wellness Services volunteers assist with special Wellness programs at D.A.P., but providing skills to clients. Examples include volunteer hair stylists, volunteer yoga teachers, volunteer Reiki master or light workout physical trainers.
- Condom Club volunteers meet a few days a month to assemble safer-sex kits with condoms, lubricant, and information on testing, for distribution to the community.
- Cashiers, sorting, floor management and display
- Time Commitment: at least 4 hours a week
Want to volunteer?
For further information about volunteering at Revivals please contact Charles Huff, Volunteer Coordinator at (760) 969-5749 or email email@example.com.
For more information about volunteering at Desert AIDS Project Fundraising Events, please complete the form below or call Chris Wyant (760) 656-8443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about volunteering at Desert AIDS Project, please complete the form below or call Hudson Alling (760) 992-0441 or email email@example.com.