Desert AIDS Project was founded as an all-volunteer response to the HIV and AIDS epidemic in 1984 so we fully treasure the drive, dedication, and heart that our volunteers bring on a daily basis. Whether it’s a helping hand at the Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards, a devoted phlebotomist drawing blood, or a friendly voice on the other end of the phone, our volunteers are the backbone of many of our programs, services, events, and especially, our Revivals Stores.
At the end of every year, we hold a Volunteer Appreciation Dinner, where our volunteers are the stars – no matter the hours they’ve served – while D.A.P. staff and employees take on volunteer duties. Its one small way for us to show our volunteers how much we truly appreciate them.
Volunteer positions include:
- Special Events Assistant help plan and support D.A.P. staff during events like Desert AIDS Walk, Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards, and Dining Out for Life.
- Client Wellness Services volunteers assist with special Wellness programs at D.A.P., but providing skills to clients. Examples include volunteer hair stylists, volunteer yoga teachers, volunteer Reiki master or light workout physical trainers.
- Condom Club volunteers meet a few days a month to assemble safer-sex kits with condoms, lubricant, and information on testing, for distribution to the community.
- Revivals Stores
- Cashiers, sorting, floor management and display
- Time Commitment: at least 4 hours a week
Want to volunteer?
For further information about volunteering at Desert AIDS Project or Revivals, please contact our Volunteer Program Manager, Charles Huff at 760-969-5749 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to print our Volunteer Application or complete the interest form below.