Who We Are
Desert AIDS Project (D.A.P.) is a Federally Qualified Health Center in Palm Springs, CA that is rated a “Top 20 HIV Charity” by About.com, remarking “Desert AIDS Project continues to impress as one of the most driven and effective HIV charities in the U.S. Able to spur high-profile support and deliver top-quality, integrated care, the DAP hits all the right marks in our books.” DAP offers primary care, HIV and hepatitis specialty care, dentistry, and behavioral health all-under-one-roof. On World AIDS Day 2015, The White House recognized the success of D.A.P.’s Get Tested Coachella Valley campaign, the nation’s first region-wide HIV testing and access to care initiative that is helping to bring about an AIDS-free future.
Our Vision for the Future
Until there’s a cure, the vision of Desert AIDS Project is of healthy individuals, families, and communities despite the existence of HIV.
To bring this vision to life, the mission of Desert AIDS Project/D.A.P. is to enhance and promote the health and well-being of our community.
Desert AIDS Project believes:
- Everyone has a right to decent quality of life
- Everyone is worthy of respect and equal consideration
- All efforts to fulfill our mission have the ultimate aim of being useful in improving people’s lives, particularly the lives of those most in need.
- Fairness demands that everyone affected by an issue should have the opportunity for either direct participation or representation in planning, implementing, and evaluating the work conducted by Desert AIDS Project
- Bias – because of race, religion, class, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, ethnic background, disability, etc. – has no place Desert AIDS Project
- Our work is not about the power or turf, but about the public good
- We will be excited by what we do, by the challenges we face and the opportunities we create
- We will surround ourselves with people dedicated to assisting us in achieving our mission and upholding our principles
- The diversity of our people, their skills, and experience is one of our agency’s greatest assets. We are committed to leveraging this asset as a source of strength
- We will always listen first, and then act with openness, honesty, and integrity so that our relationships flourish
- We will provide effective, accessible, and responsive services, and we commit to evaluating our effort so that changes can be made when it is in the best interest of those we serve
- We will set demanding targets and make tough decisions and take considered risks to achieve them, and pursue partnership to obtain resources that enable us to do so
- We will provide our team with skilled management and quality training opportunities
- We will commit ourselves to excellence to ensure that D.A.P. is the provider of choice, employer of choice, and investment of choice in the communities we serve
- We will embrace change to positively improve services, outcomes, and the community while remaining true to our mission