Desert AIDS Project provides comprehensive quality care for the entire person. Take a look at our offerings below and connect with us if you have any questions.
- High quality primary care
- HIV-specialty care with access to our HIV Health Center
- HIV-specialty dental clinic
- Sexual health and wellness
- Case Managers to help link you to care and other services at D.A.P., and determine eligibility for programs
- Food vouchers and a monthly Farmers’ Market
- Short term housing, emergency utility and rental assistance, and our 80-unit affordable housing community, Vista Sunrise
- Transportation services, gas voucher cards and bus passes
- Patient Assistance Program for HIV and non-HIV medications
- Mental health counseling by licensed psychologist and psychotherapists
- Substance abuse counseling if you are battling addition, provided by CADC-certified counselors
- A wide variety of free support groups
- Wellness activities in our Client Wellness Services wing, with access to a computer lab
- Advance Directives through Five Wishes
- Home Care services, including attendant care, homemakers, and more for qualified clients with referrals from physician or case manager
- On-site Walgreens pharmacy
- Laboratory services through LabCorp,
- Telemedicine, and more through community partnerships with other local and regional organizations and agencies.
We link you to additional services provided by community partners through referrals, collaborations and advocacy.
Selected services are available at our satellite office in Indio, CA, located at 81-880 Dr. Carreon Boulevard.
Paying for Services at Desert AIDS Project
We have contracts with many insurance companies, and we accept most state and federal funding including Medicare and Medi-Cal. If you have questions about specific insurance programs or coverage issues relating to your care, please contact a patient service representative. Call 760-323-2118, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding weekends and holidays).
If co-pays are applicable, they may be paid with cash, check, or credit card. If clients are eligible, we also offer a sliding fee scale, payment plan options and discounts for cash-paying patients who pay fees in full at point-of-service.
Based on eligibility requirements set by local, state, and national funders, we attempt to link uninsured low-income clients to financial assistance and subsidized programs when available.
Be sure to discuss payment options in depth with your case manager. He or she will be able to provide you with all the details on payment and billing procedures.
American Sign Language and Language Translation services are available. Please request 2 business days in advance. Contact your case manager.