Ways To Give
Every nine-and-a-half minutes, someone in the U.S. contracts HIV.
But in the Coachella Valley, it's even worse … the rate of HIV infection here is 3-4%, compared with 1% nationally.
Even though our agency lost almost a half-million dollars in State funding in 2009 for HIV education, prevention, and testing, Desert AIDS Project remains committed to free and confidential HIV testing. We still offer it multiple days a week, at multiple locations throughout the area, with results in 20 minutes.
Your Red Band membership of just $45 or more pays for at least three HIV test kits. Wearing the Red Band shows the world that you've pledged to be a part of the solution – right here in your community – to a worldwide problem. Until we can say, "AIDS is over," your help is essential.
Directly support Free HIV testing: Red Band
For a donation of $45 or more, which pays for at least three HIV test kits, a member receives:
- A red wrist band and a decal for your car to help spread our missions of
care • prevention • advocacy
- An invitation to tour the agency to see and hear it all for yourself
- A $10 coupon for Revivals
- Special offers for wearing the Red Band
• Complimentary Admission to the 2012 MidSummer Dance Party
• Invitation to WALK with us in the 2012 Gay Pride Parade
• Amenities and special offers at some of our special events
• A $10 coupon good at any Revivals
For further information and to join the Red Band, please contact Alexis Ortega at 760-323-2118 ext. 235 or email email@example.com