Holistic HIV Care
Case Management provides people living with HIV/AIDS with assistance linking to services - those offered here at Desert AIDS Project or by another community provider – that meet their physical, psychological, financial, emotional and social needs, increase their ability to live self-sufficiently, and improve their overall health – physical and mental.
If you're living with HIV or AIDS, thinking about how to approach and get care may be daunting. We're here to help.
Case managers at Desert AIDS Project can help you do the following:
- Assess and identify needs to improve condition, adhere to treatment, and get on a path to a fulfilling life.
- Evaluate multiple factors that affect mental, physical, emotional, and social stability.
- Remove barriers to care, whether financial or otherwise, by helping with enrollment in financial assistance programs and strengthening the social support system of family members and caregivers.
- Learn about the wide range of services available at D.A.P. and elsewhere in the community, based on eligibility requirements and individual needs.
- Link to care, whether an initiation or re-activation, and provide continuing support that enhances quality of life.
- Case managers help our clients be their own advocates.
Case managers are available at all 3 locations in Palm Springs, Indio, and San Bernardino.
American Sign Language and Language Translation services available. Please request 2 business days in advance. Contact your case manager.